The next-generation Kia Sedona has been previewed sporting a radical redesign and the Korean automaker has dubbed it a “Grand Utility Vehicle.”
As minivans continue to lose market share to SUVs, Kia has restyled its family hauler to look more like a crossover with more aggressive lines and wheel arches, a boxier silhouette, shorter overhangs, and a floating roof design. We see shades of the Ford Explorer from the rear angles and the new Sedona will have unique LED lighting elements that help make it look more high end.
No powertrain information, photos of the interior, or details on features have been unveiled yet, but stay tuned for more information when the minivan debuts fully.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
- 2021 Toyota Sienna Shakes Up Minivan Segment with Standard Hybrid Power and Available Fridge
- 2020 Toyota Sienna Review
- 2020 Honda Odyssey Review
- 2021 Honda Odyssey Gets New Styling, Improved Functionality
- 2020 Honda Odyssey Touring Test Drive
- 5 Reasons the Kia Soul is Better than a Crossover
- 2021 Kia Sorento Gets Handsome Makeover
The minivan segment is shrinking but the ones left have stepped up their game and made the practical and family-friendly body style much more compelling. With the Chrysler Pacifica and the plug-in hybrid version getting rave reviews, the new Toyota Sienna coming as an all-wheel-drive hybrid with a mini fridge, and the Honda Odyssey still a strong contender, we wonder if all this advancement will be enough to sway larger families away from SUVs.
Canadian information for the fourth-generation Kia Sedona has not yet been revealed, as only the Korean-market Carnival has been previewed. Expect more information at a later date.